Playable Characters are characters that players can control in Castle Crashers. Players may always use the four default knights, but up to 25 additional characters are available either through normal play, or through purchasing downloadable content.
Unlocking a character will unlock that character's starting weapon, provided that the weapon has not already been unlocked.
- Green Knight: A knight with the power to control the element of poison.
- Red Knight: A knight with the power to control the element of electricity.
- Blue Knight: A knight with the power to control the element of ice.
- Orange Knight: A knight with the power to control the element of fire.
- Gray Knight: One of the brave and loyal knights of the King.
- Barbarian: An uncivilized enemy that lives for raiding and pillaging.
- Thief: An agile enemy with a bow and arrow; he lives up to his name by stealing gold and food.
- Fencer: A minion of the Industrial Prince.
- Killer Beekeeper: Keeper of the killer bees in Flowery Field.
- Industrialist: A worker at the Industrial Castle.
- Alien: An extraterrestrial who bears an uncanny resemblance to Alien Hominid.
- Brute: A mighty warrior of the forest.
- Snakey: A knight protector of the Flooded Temple and Marsh.
- Saracen: An enemy soldier from the Desert.
- Royal Guard: A guardian of the Sand Castle.
- Stove Face: An elite, heavily armored black knight that guards the path to Snow World.
- Peasant: A loyal subject of the King.
- Bear: A member of a feral tribe of white bears.
- Conehead: A knight of the Conehead Groom and Cyclops.
- Civilian: A townsperson living at Home Castle.
- Fire Demon: An evil guardian of Lava World.
- Skeleton: An undead enemy reanimated by the Necromancer.
- Iceskimo: An enemy who guards the way to the Ice Castle.
- Ninjer: A ninja that ambushes other ships at sea. He rides on a pirate ship
Downloadable Content Characters
Available in King Pack DLC (XBLA) or Insane Mode (PSN)
- King: The king of Home Castle and lord of the Knights.
- Open Faced Gray Knight: A brave knight of the King with his helmet open and face exposed.
Available in Necromantic Pack DLC (XBLA) or Insane Mode (PSN)
- Necromancer: A powerful flying villain with the power to raise the dead.
- Cult Minion: A minion of the Necromancer and Evil Wizard.
Available in Pink Knight Pack DLC (PSN and XBLA)
- Pink Knight: A knight that spreads peace and joy throughout the land (while crashing castles).
Available in Legend of the Blacksmith DLC (PSN and XBLA)
- Blacksmith: A knight that was hidden in the shadows of mystery.
Available in Can't Stop Crying DLC (PSN and XBLA)
How to Unlock Characters
Characters other than the four default knights may be unlocked in one of several ways, as listed below.
Characters Unlocked by Finishing Castle Crashers
The following characters may be unlocked by completing Castle Crashers with the character listed to his left.
|Finish with this default character||to unlock this character; finish as this||to unlock this character|
|Green Knight||Royal Guard||Saracen|
|Orange Knight||Fire Demon||Ninja|
Characters Unlocked by Completing a Level
The following characters may be unlocked by completing the specified stage or arena level.
|Complete this level||to unlock this character; finish game as this||to unlock this character|
|Barbarian Boss||Gray Knight||Stove Face|
|King's Arena||Barbarian||Killer Beekeeper|
|Alien Ship (PS3), or complete at least one achievement on Alien Hominid HD (X360)||Alien|
|Catfish on Insane Mode (PS3 only)||Open Faced Gray Knight|
|Pipistrello's Cave on Insane Mode (PS3 only)||King|
|Industrial Castle on Insane Mode (PS3 only)||Necromancer|
|Ice Castle on Insane Mode (PS3 only)||Cult Minion|
Characters Available as Downloadable Content
The characters in this chart are only available as Downloadable Content (DLC) on the indicated systems.
|Download this Pack||on X360||on PS3||to unlock these characters|
|King Pack DLC||X||King and Open Faced Gray Knight|
|Necromantic Pack DLC||X||Necromancer and Cult Minion|
|Pink Knight Pack DLC||X||X||Pink Knight|
|Legend of the Blacksmith DLC||X||X||Blacksmith|
|Can't Stop Crying DLC||X||X||Hatty Hattington|