Insane mode is unlocked by beating normal mode once. A skull will appear next to any character on the selection screen who can play insane mode. A gold skull replaces a white skull when insane mode is completed. Insane mode can be unlocked faster by skipping levels.
Going to Insane Mode with a character w/o a skull
This works on Local Games and Online Games, and so far, this only works on the PSN version. The XBOX 360 version seems to not work. Here are the steps to achieve this:
- You must have a skull on every character that will be in insane mode that time you are playing or you cannot enter insane mode because the path won't be there.
- Once you're on the Normal mode map, enter into Insane mode.
- Once you're on the Insane mode map, press on another controller, and add another character in, that has no skull.
- Once that's done, and you are on the map again, you will be able to travel through Insane mode with the 'no skull' character, for as far as the first player has completed it.
The way to tell that it worked, is, once you do the above, move over to the Barbarian Boss level, and you will see the flames below.
- In insane mode the health and damage dealt of almost every enemy is multiplied by ten.
- When you complete insane mode the character you're playing with will have a gold skull instead of a normal skull and also get the You Are Insane Trophy (PSN).